Clarksville Elementary School
AFTERNOON STUDENT PICK-UP PROCEDURE
The system of student pick-up at 3:25 pm, prior to the 3:35 dismissal bell is intended to reduce, congestion and provide security inside and outside the building. An organized and supervised approach to 3:25 student pick-up will insure transfer from school to parent without incident.
The following information describes student pick-up procedures. Parent and student cooperation is sincerely appreciated.
- The student pick-up area is along the sidewalk next to the side cafeteria entrance.
- Parents are asked to enter at the entrance nearest the Community Pharmacy.
- Parents should pull into either the right or left side pickup line (divided by yellow markers) next to the flagpole and proceed slowly pull down to the main entrance at the cafeteria.
- Parents are asked to remain in the car pickup line they are in and remain in the vehicle.
- The parking spaces in the middle of the large parking lot will be designated as visitor & staff parking and may be used by parents who come to the office to sign out students early, to get a pass to visit a class or to conduct other business.
- Duty teachers and car students will exit the side cafeteria entrance at the dismissal bell. Duty teachers will supervise students entering the proper vehicle.
- The line of waiting vehicles will extend from the cafeteria loading dock out towards the entrance nearest the Community Pharmacy. As vehicles are loaded and leave the sidewalk pick-up area, other vehicles will pull up to the sidewalk where children and duty teachers are waiting. Children will not have to cross any driveway. All vehicles should be able to exit campus before the buses depart.
- Parents are asked to use the upper driveway to enter campus and not the large bus parking lot in the front of the building from 3:00 – 3:45.
ALL PRE-KINDERGARTEN THROUGH GRADE 5 CAR RIDER STUDENTS WILL USE THESE PROCEDURES.